Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we went over to Sam and Becky Knowles house and some of Sam and Becky's family were there also. I spent almost the whole day before Thanksgiving making desserts and preparing the turkey. I made three things this year that I always considered 'hard' or 'scary' so I was kind of proud of myself (not to brag or anything). I made a turkey, a dutch apple cheesecake, and a pumpkin roll dessert. For some reason, turkeys are just scary to cook; maybe because it is the focal point of Thanksgiving dinner and would be horrible if messed up, or maybe because it is the biggest piece of raw meat (a whole bird) that I have ever handled, who knows, it is just scary. I love to make cheesecakes but it always makes me nervous because the first time I tried to make a real cheesecake that you bake, I totally messed it up. The pumpkin roll was scary because although my mom had taught me how to roll up the cake, I had never done it before by myself. All turned out pretty well I thought. Anyway, we all had a great Thanksgiving dinner, followed by playing cards and hanging out.

Playing Cards
Jonah, a little tired after Thanksgiving dinner
Tyrel, look how big he is, I just laughed when I saw his big cheeks and chin. What a cutie!
Emily and Mikelle
Mikelle with the cute turkey hairbow that Grandma made...
...and wearing the cute Thanksgiving dress.
Pumpkin Roll, Turkey, Dutch Apple Cheesecake

4 comments:

Becky Knowles said...

You really did an awesome job with everything you made. I was so grateful to have your help and to have you here on Thanksgiving. I ate another piece of the dutch apple cheesecake last night.....SO GOOD! Thanks Kylee!

Carole said...

Looks yummy, just like Tyrel's cheeks.

Stephanie said...

Super Cute baby. I totally agree that Turkeys are very scary, I have yet to attempt one, everything looked really good, I am so impressed! Way to go KY!!!

Jesse and Stephanie said...

Mmm that looks really yummy!